Disclosure: There are some affiliate links below, but these are all products I highly recommend. I won't put anything on this page that I haven't verified and/or personally used.
1. Make your list- We have all heard this before, but it is worth repeating, because it is the most important weapon that we have in getting and doing business. Without prospects, we don't have a business.
Before you move any forward, take a pen and paper, sit down with your address book, and start writing names. Don't edit this list yet, you are just getting your mind ready for the next step.
Make a note next to each name noting if they are all ready a customer, or if they are a prospect. P for prospect, and C for customer.
2. Host a Private Pre-Season Launch Party- This is your chance to get creative showing your new products in your line. Write down a few party ideas that might interest your guests, such as a fall kickoff, Halloween party, football season opener, back to school.
You may also want to plan a few Re-Launch events over the first month, that way you can capture more people as your list of contacts grows. If you are doing two to five events each month and working on your list, you will start to grow your business. You can do as many as your schedule allows. You are the BOSS!
Make sure your party is scheduled for no more than one hour and let people know this up front. People are busy and will be more receptive to attending when there is a START and a STOP time. Also, providing prizes and drawings is an enticement. See #5 below.
3. Send Out Invitations- Decide who you will invite, and then either purchase theme invitations, or if you are the creative type, make your own with your chosen theme.
FYI- Invite your customers to Sign up for your Blog: You want to stay in touch with them to keep the momentum going.
Want to Know How To Plan a Rock Star Home Beauty Party? Check out This Awesome Book....Plan Your Party- Be a Party Plan Superstar
This book really helped me organize my party plan makeup business. It was a fun, easy read.
More blogging-related posts you should take a look at:
4. Plan Your Party- You can be as elaborate or simple as you want. Just keep in mind that your goal is to gain new customers, and make sales. So if you have too much food then it can be a distraction from your goal to show and sell your products. I suggest keeping it simple with drinks and one or two food items.
5. Door Prizes and Giveaways- I can not stress enough how important it is to create excitement with giveaways. People love something for FREE, and giving it to them makes them so happy that they will want to buy from you.
Here is my story and what I did to Relaunch:
...I did a "Lunch Time New Customer Party" at a local business. It was one hour, and I brought pizza; that was it. At the party while showing my demo products I also gave out samples while everyone was eating pizza. I can't tell you how happy they were. It broke-up their daily grind and they got free food, and samples. Do you think that I gained new customers? You bet. And they were happy customers.
6. Follow-Up- Nothing says I appreciate you more than a follow-up thank you note. When someone attends an event that you had, makes a purchase, or gives you their information, always remember to follow up with a simple note. This tells them that they are important to you, and that you appreciate them. And always keep their information confidential. It is like Gold, so don't abuse the privilege that they gave you; their private information.
7. Ask For Referrals- Don't be shy about asking happy customers if they know someone "who might like to know about a product that you have to offer". People like to help if they can, so why not ask. If they don't know anyone, don't push it. There is nothing worse than making someone feel as if they Should give you referrals. It leaves a bad taste in their mouth, and they probably wont want to give you future referrals, for fear of being chased down by you every time you meet.
Use your hour or how ever long your party is, and give live, quick demonstrations, answer questions, then let people get on with eating, mingling, and having fun.
Just be in the background to take orders, answer questions, and to be helpful. People will appreciate you leaving them alone to take a look, and will be more than happy to become your customer, or give you referrals.
Get some Home Beauty Parties on your calendar and watch your business grow.
Have fun, and keep it light.
Looking for a New Opportunity? Work With Jodie and let me help you get started in Your own Beauty Business.
Did you find this article helpful in anyway? If so, it would mean the world to me if you would share it with others!!! And, share your comments below!
Want more tips and trainings? Get-
If you are happy in your business, that is fantastic. If you are looking for the right business, the right mentor, and something that you can build on, I would love to share what I am doing, with you:
Have a Makeup Relaunch Success Story?
Do you have a great story about this? Share your story with others, and help build our community of world wide beauty advisers.